BLUE STAR regiment
A Progress Report
There are several things to report as band camp nears the start.
1.GROWTH: The Blue Star Regiment continues to grow. The band has 118 students enrolled, which is great! BUT... we haven't seen or heard from all of them. THIS IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR WHEN STUDENTS GET LEFT OUT, which we don't want to do! Band Camp is mandatory, and if these students do not show up for band camp, they will not have a spot in the BSR on the first day of school.
What can you do to help? Call your friends and remind them about band camp. THIS IS EXPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR 9TH GRADERS! Call YOUR friends to remind them that Band Camp starts August 10. We cannot help people who will not help themselves by attending band camp.
2. SHOW MUSIC: The music for 2/3 of the show is completed. That means that we are ahead of where we normally are at this point, and we can work on the music the entire length of band camp without waiting for updates.
3. DRILL DESIGN: Show design is moving along, with the goal to have the drill for the opener completed and ready to hand out when needed at Band Camp.
4. INSTRUMENTATION: We have to work on instrumentation. We still need people to volunteer to play some instruments for marching season. We still need three more baritones, three more tubas (five more would be GREAT!), and a lot of pit percussionists. Only two new percussionists have attended the rehearsals, which means eight have not attended even one thing. MAKE THOSE CALLS and encourage them to be there on August 10!
5. UNIFORM FITTINGS: These will take place during band camp as always. New this year is that your paperwork must be completed before fitting takes place. No exceptions!
6. CHARMS: Charms is a new program designed to keep track of everything and every student in the BSR, including your e-mail addresses, inventory, uniforms - literally EVERYTHING! We have this program now and you'll soon be provided with a personal link to update your information. From September on, most of your BSR needs will be tracked by "Charms" via your personal login.