IB MUSIC compositions
North HS offers standard and higher level Music Appreciation. Students begin the composition process during the SL class, and expand and complete their original compositions for their HL Composition Portfolio.
1. Computer - Assignments and required reading are accessed from this website. Students need to check and download information for each assignment. Students that do not have access to a computer at home may use the computers available in the library and in the director's office.
2. Notation Software - This is needed to complete the composition projects. The IB Organization grades the use of technology as part of the final grade for IB Music candidates. Instructions to download Finale Notepad are below.
COMPOSITION instruction pages
A "reflection" page must accompany all composition assignments. Each reflection must be up to and no more than 300 words. The statement must reflect on the creative process over time. Each reflection must include documentation by the student of the following:
1. Intention - What was the intention behind the piece?
2. Process - What steps did the student take to achieve the final version of the piece?
- How were the musical elements developed?
- What musical successes and difficulties encountered?
- What equip0kent was used (if any)?
3. Outcome - What did the student learn musically during the creating of this piece?
COMPOSITION main page